Pages

Search All Things 40K

Friday, December 7, 2007

Exodite World Terrain Set

So this is what I've been busy making for the last week or so. A set of modular terrain. Above, you can see all the pieces put into place within the 6 ft. by 4 ft. collapsable table that I had made a few months back. The pieces are made of 1" thick styrofoam which I cut into 2 ft. by 2 ft. blocks.


I used Home Depot paint (brown and green) and sprinkled Static Grass over it while it was still wet.


There are two bags worth of trees I got from the GW store, one bag on one piece of board, and the other on another.

The hills are another chunk of styrofoam that I attacked with a hot-wire cutter to get some ridges on them.
I, for the most part, placed the terrain in a corner, or to one side of a block of styrofoam, so as to give me many options depending on how I lay down that block. Every time I have a battle with this set, It can be a completely different layout. Maybe all the trees are near to each other as seen in a previous pic. Maybe they're across the board from each other. Maybe the Eldar Warpgate is in the center of the board (for Take and Hold missions), maybe it's in a corner.

Speaking of Eldar Warpgates, here it is. I placed a Falcon on the board for size reference. I have plans to make 6 or 7 sets of terrain like this, each one having a different theme. This set's theme is an Exodite world. There is an Eldar Warpgate to represent that this is Eldar territory. It is bright and green. A verdant world to represent the hopes and desires of the Eldar community. The Exodite worlds are their last chance.
By far, this set will be the most "pristine." The set I have planned for the Imperium is a jungle world riddled with ruins of old buildings. The landscape is taking back the world. It will serve as a visual representation of the state of the Imperium. ...but more on that when I make it.


Here's a close-up of the Warp Gate with my Farseer posing for the photo. He plans on taking it back to Alaitoc to show the rest of the Seer Council, I'm sure.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics