Pages

Search All Things 40K

Monday, June 8, 2009

New Wraithlord

As opposed to my old one...

Following with the Eldar fluff, these constructs are piloted by the spirits of powerful dead Eldar. I would like to think that some of the personality of those powerful Eldar spirits would show through in the construct. With that in mind, I made the old one to resemble an Autarch. Straight-backed, sword and Bright Lance, regal cape with Alaitoc symbol emblazoned upon it.

This is my second Wraithlord, which I just finished late last night:

As may be apparent, I wanted the feel for this Wraithlord to be a Ranger/Pathfinder. I kept the yellow head, but made it a camo pattern, as well as the cloak/cape. Also, I made a pair of conversions which I'm sure you've seen before based on the "masterclass" model was showcased on GW's site (also featured in the 5th ed. rulebook). Ron Saikowski even did one.
Knees slightly bent, and turned the Brightlance into a Rifle with a bit chopped off the sword.

The Missile Launcher is magnetized.



Here are pics of the other magnetized weapons:




I am planning on doing a third Wraithlord at some point, but the feel of that one will be very static, your typical "dead" looking Wraithlord.

I'm sorry things have been rather slow around here lately. I'm in the process of buying a house. I must say it is the single most stressful, anxious, exhausting and nerve-wracking process I've ever been through. A lot of these past days have seen me come home and be so worn out from dealing with getting everything in line for Escrow to close that I can't even bring myself to enjoy the hobby.

Thankfully this weekend has been a reprieve, and I was actually able to relax for the first time in 3 weeks. Hence the finished Wraithlord.

I'm still here...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics