Pages

Search All Things 40K

Friday, December 14, 2007

Venerable Dreadnought



Here's the Venerable Dreadnought, one of my Elites choices for the Dark Angels.
If you haven't seen this model before, it's from Forgeworld, a subsidiary of Games Workshop. They do great resin-cast models. Incredible detail, and very fun to paint. To be honest, he's one of the most impressive models in my DA army. I'm already looking through Forgeworld's store for a possible piece for every army (no more than that, though... they're expensive). If you live in the U.S. be mindful that their prices are in British pounds. At this point in time a Pound is about $2.

Since he's Venerable, I decided that he would be part of the infamous Deathwing, and I've painted him accordingly in bone colors with Dark green and red as secondary colors.

For the most part, I want my theme with the Dark Angels to be 'balance.' I want each unit to be able to adjust to battle conditions, something that Space Marines can do better than any other race due to their stat layout. With this in mind, I decided to equip my Dreadnought with one ranged weapon and one Close Combat weapon, so that he too can adapt to changes happening around him. I would be rather content if he never gets into Close Combat, because that Plasma Cannon's gonna be killer. Also, Plasma Cannons on vehicles/walkers don't overheat, so THAT'S awesome. And if he DOES get into Close Combat, the weapon gives him a Strength of 10, so THAT'S awesome.

I think what I'm trying to say here is that he's awesome. Not sure if you picked that up yet.

Next on the workbench is a unit of 5 Deathwing Terminators. The models are all assembled and primered, I just need to actually sit down and paint them, holiday season be damned!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics