And so the Gundam build continues. The head took me probably the longest to build so far. There were lots of very tiny components, and hitting each little bit with spray primer was pretty rough, but I like the end result.
Something I had just noticed after slapping the head on. The weird ear fins are so wide, they actually impede the shoulder gun case-lids from opening all the way. You can kinda finagle them open, but the Gundam has to tilt his head all the way back to do so... kinda like he's laughing at the sky when firing them... haha, now I like it like that, lol.
Though not as many small pieces as the head, the arm has a lot of moving parts. Had to assemble/disassemble a few times in order to make sure which parts were visible when assembled. I didn't want to lock up any moving part with paint. The above photo was mid-way through painting the digital camo pattern onto the arm-gauntlet.
Digital camouflage and weathering done for the arm now.
The instructions had me build the arm before the shoulder, even though you need to attache the shoulder before attaching the arm. Weird. So here's where I'm at now. An arm and a head. Progress!
I'm enjoying this so much that I'm considering building and painting one for myself once I'm done with this one. Too awesome.