Pages

Search All Things 40K

Friday, March 20, 2009

Progress Updates

I have been just ridiculously sick this past 2 weeks. It's rough. A few days I would stay home from work thinking to myself "omg, I'll get sooo much painting done" only to crash on the sofa and sleep for the whole day (mainly why things have been so slow here lately). This is really draining. Anyways, I thought I'd share some things I've got sitting on the back-burner with you guys; give you an idea of what's coming up, what I'm working on, etc.

1. As most people are, of course, I'm anxiously awaiting the May release of IG. I have my commander all picked out already (the Cadian commander from Forgeworld). It's an awesome model. When the new codex is finally out and in my hands, you'll start seeing "Imperial Guard" as one of the options in the poll on the left. I've had a few emails asking me if I was ever going to add them. :)

2. Still painting those Burna Boyz I did color tests on. Also, I assembled and magnetized a box of 5 Nobs. The combi-guns are a real pain to get in right. I'll have to take special care to position a few models specifically for the combi-guns in the next box (I need 10 Nobs).

3. Looks like SM are winning the current poll. It'll probably be the HQ selection: Librarian. Lots of new and cool things in there.

4. I got Adobe Creative Suite 4 last week, and have been playing around with it a bit. Mainly, the bit that makes me the most excited is Illustrator's ability to "Live Trace," effectively turning any pixelated(raster) scan of a drawing I did into a vector image. Normally, when I would try and do color-quality comics, the process was endlessly long. I would draw the pictures, scan them in, and then re-draw on a second layer with a Wacom Tablet to get a clean line-tracing to work with. Now, that last step is a mere button-click. I've already drawn up a new 40k comic to test it on ... so you guys will start getting color comics now! Expect that to be done sometime next week. ;)

... normally, I give you guys a picture with each post, as I don't want to just bore everyone with a wall of text, but I really have nothing directly related to what I've talked about... so I'll leave you with this gem I found on the internet a while ago:


Maybe you've seen it, maybe you haven't. Hopefully, you've enjoyed it nonetheless.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics