Search All Things 40K

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

MERCS KemVar test model

Spent some time picking out paints for the KemVar Caes de Guerra, and decided that the guinea pig would be Alejandro here.

I also played a little bit with object-source lighting techniques, something I've been wanting to get more into for a while now.

For the most part, I painted him to follow the KemVar concept art up on the MERCS site.  The minis on their site deviate a bit in their paint schemes, but I liked the concept art.  The only real thing I changed was to make the green armor a camo-pattern.  I did this because this team's speciality is an active-camouflage system, which helps out their evasion during battle.  I thought it appropriate to paint their armor in camo-pattern to better tie into this.

Finding that camo pattern took me a while, though.  I took a picture of three of the color schemes I tested out (leftover GW slotta bases make excellent proof of concept color testers).  Each pattern had a combination of three base colors, a wash, then a glaze.  I ended up going with the middle sample, as its effect was closest overall to the squad's canon green.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics