Pages

Search All Things 40K

Friday, June 10, 2011

Converted Eldar Storm Guardians

I'm looking to build some Storm Guardian squads for my burgeoning Eldar army for a few reasons.  One, they're highly flexible, given their ability to take fusion guns and flamers as special weapons while also being scoring.  Two, I have a feeling given the feel of the newer codices that this kind of squad is more likely to remain useful in a future Eldar Codex release so, to me it's a safe investment.

However, I don't want them to look like the normal Guardians.  I want them to stand out in their own way.  The idea to do this is not my own, it came from page 226 of the BRB where an example Eldar army is shown off.  The Storm Guardians were given hoods and capes from the Wood Elf Glade Guard kit.  I thought it was a fantastic idea, so here we are...

Upon receiving the bits, I came to the realization that the quivers on the cloaks would be a problem ... but promptly decided they were scabbards for the close combat weapons and added chopped hilts to those holding special weapons to drive home this intention.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics